Industrial Maintenance Technology
To provide industry with entry-level employees who possess a working knowledge of the industrial maintenance field.
Industrial Maintenance Technology is designed to instruct the student in the related field of industrial maintenance and prepare the student for an entry-level position in maintenance and repair of industrial machines, equipment, and power distribution. Emphasis is placed on troubleshooting skills, preventative maintenance techniques and safety. Students will gain the knowledge and performance potential to work in the industrial, commercial, or private sector.
Why Consider the IMT field?
A shortage of skilled technicians in the industrial maintenance industry has created considerable opportunity for employment. And, because of the high-tech technology used on today's equipment, there is an increasing demand for certified technicians. NTI's program trains qualified industrial maintenance technicians who have excellent career opportunities.
- Industrial Maintenance
- Plant Maintenance
- Commercial Maintenance
- Residential Maintenance
- Welding HVAC (with additional certification)
- Electrician (with additional certification)
What You Will Learn
Through the Industrial Maintenance Technology program at NTI, you will learn to:
- troubleshoot and resolve industrial maintenance problems, apply safe and preventive maintenance techniques,
- keep up with the latest in government and industry safety regulations,
- work with others, both employees and customers, to obtain and keep a good job in the industrial maintenance field.
Industrial Maintenance Technology Objectives
- To learn the proper safety procedures related to industrial maintenance.
- To develop good work habits necessary to obtain and sustain employment.
- To develop troubleshooting skills for the care and operation of industrial machines and instruments.
- To become familiar with preventive maintenance techniques.
- To recognize the importance of continuing education and involvement in student organizations.
Length of Program:
Two Semesters and One Summer Term
Approximate Cost of Books and Supplies:
*tuition and fees subject to change without notice