Join one of the most important positions in the healthcare industry!
The goal of a Sterile Processing Technician (SPT) is to prevent the spread of infection by ensuring all instruments are disease-free. Learn to clean, sterilize, wrap, store and distribute instruments within the healthcare setting.
TUITION & FEES
Estimated cost including in-state tuition, fees,
books & supplies: $1,420.00
January 12 thru April 22, 2021
Taken until full
The Allied Health Program of Northwest Technical Institute, in partnership with the NWA community, is committed to providing education to serve the needs of students wishing to enter a recognized health care profession and to provide quality health care for the community.
- Surgical Sterilization Application Packet and DD-214, if applicable ($10.00 fee) Application Fee $10.00 must be paid when application is turned in.
- NEXT-GENGERATION ACCUPLACER test ($10.00) you must score a minimum 224 for Reading Comprehension. (Due to COVID-19, no accuplacer is needed for enrollment for fall 2020.
- High School Transcript or GED needs to be OFFICIAL transcripts. (An “Official Transcript” means it has the embossed school seal imprint and sealed in an envelope and sent directly to the NWTI Admissions Office. You will be responsible for any fees involved.
- College Transcripts needs to be official transcripts (An “Official Transcript” means it has the embossed school seal imprint and sealed in an envelope and sent directly to the NWTI Admissions Office. Please see cover page about transfer credit.
- Immunization Records includes Two (2) Measles & Rubella (MMR) is required, if born on or after January 1, 1957. 1 Negative TB skin test or a chest x-ray (allow three working days to complete this test). Varicella: You will need to show proof of 2 vaccines, proof of positive titer, or a note from your physician stating that you have a history of varicella (chicken pox). DTAP: Must be within the last 10 years and cover the entire program. 3 Hepatitis B vaccine; first 2 are given 30 days apart, and the 3rd is given 6 months later. If you have ever tested positive or recently test positive for TB, you must have a chest X-ray showing no active disease before class starts.
- CPR Certification-American Heart Association-BLS for Healthcare Workers within 6 weeks of beginning class.
- One Reference Work or Personal is needed.