NWTI’s phlebotomy certification course will provide practical information and instruction in phlebotomy procedures and techniques, along with a comprehensive background in phlebotomy theory and principles. The course will include an overview of vascular anatomy and physiology as well as a foundation in medical terminology. Successful completion of the course will prepare students to take the American Allied Health (AAH) certification examination.
TUITION & FEES
Estimated cost including in-state tuition, fees,
books & supplies: $1,573.00
October 10, 2023
Oct 10th through Dec 21st
Applications are accepted up until the beginning of each class or until class enrollment is full.
Tuesdays and Thursdays
6:00pm to 9:00pm
The Allied Health Program of Northwest Technical Institute, in partnership with the NWA community, is committed to providing education to serve the needs of students wishing to enter a recognized health care profession and to provide quality health care for the community.
- Phlebotomy Program Application ($10.00 application fee)
- Official High School Transcript or GED
- Next-Generation Accuplacer Test ($10.00) – The Next-Generation Accuplaceris a reading comprehension and arithmetic exam and a requirement to enter the Phlebotomy Program. Please call to schedule your test. A photo ID is required the day off testing.
- Immunization records:
–Two (2) Measles and Rubella (MMR), if born after January 1, 1957, 2 Varicella vaccines or history of Chicken Pox, DTAP within the last 10 years, 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccines
- Negative TB Skin Test (must be taken in the current year before class starts)
- Influenza vaccine (for current flu season)
- CPR (BLS or CPR AED) by American Heart Association (must be completed by the end of the program)
You will be required to purchase one pair of black scrubs to wear to clinicals.