The phlebotomy course will provide practical information and instruction in phlebotomy procedures and techniques, along with a comprehensive background in phlebotomy theory and principles. The course will include an overview of vascular anatomy and physiology as well as a foundation in medical terminology. Successful completion of the course will prepare students to take the American Allied Health (AAH) certification examination.
TUITION & FEES
Estimated cost including in-state tuition, fees,
books & supplies: $1,232.00
August 23, 2021
January 18, 2022
Applications are accepted up until the beginning of each class or until class enrollment is full.
MON, WED, & FRI
6:00pm to 9:00pm
The Allied Health Program of Northwest Technical Institute, in partnership with the NWA community, is committed to providing education to serve the needs of students wishing to enter a recognized health care profession and to provide quality health care for the community.
- Phlebotomy Program Application ($10.00 application fee)
- Official High School Transcript or GED
- Accuplacer Test ($10.00) – The Accuplacer is a reading comprehension and arithmetic exam and an requirement to enter the Phlebotomy Program. This test is be appointment only.
- Immunization records:
- Two (2) Measles and Rubella (MMR), if born after January 1, 1957
- 2 Varicella vaccines or history of Chicken Pox
- DTAP within the last 10 years
- 3 doses of Hepatitis B vaccines
- Negative TB Skin Test (must be taken in the current year before class starts)
- Influenza vaccine (for current flu season)
- CPR-BLS by American Heart Association
- One Reference (can include Employer, Counselors or Personal. References must be sent directly to NWTI)
You will be required to purchase one pair of black scrubs to wear to clinicals.